The organizers of the ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries 2018 (JCDL 2018) invite proposals for workshops. Workshops are intended to draw together communities of interest both those in established communities and those interested in discussion and exploration of a new or emerging issue. They can range in format from formal, perhaps centering on presentation of refereed papers, to informal, perhaps centering on an extended roundtable discussion among the selected participants. Workshops relating to the theme of the conference, “From Data to Wisdom: Resilient Integration across Societies, Disciplines, and Systems” are particularly encouraged. Please use the ACM Proceedings template, and submit in electronic form via the conference’s EasyChair submission page.
The proposal should be no more than two pages and should include:
· a workshop title and short description
· a statement of objectives for the workshop
· a topical outline for the workshop
· identification of the expected audience and expected number of attendees
· a description of the planned format and duration (half-day, full-day, or one and a half day). Full-day workshops may be split to be hosted half day each on 3rd and 6th June.
· specific requirements for the workshop, if applicable (e.g., A/V)
· information about how the attendees will be identified, notified of the workshop, and, if necessary, selected from among applicants
· contact and biographical information about the organizers
· if a workshop or closely related workshop has been held previously, information about the earlier sessions should be provided dates, locations, outcomes, attendance, etc.
Submission deadline: January 16, 2018
Notification of acceptance: February 1, 2018
Camera ready copy: April 15, 2018
Workshops: June 3 and/or 6, 2018
For more information:
If you have questions, please contact the JCDL 2018 workshop co-chairs:
Zhiwu Xie (Virginia Tech Libraries, email@example.com)
Kazunari Sugiyama (National University of Singapore, firstname.lastname@example.org)